The City of Colville requires that anyone conducting business within the City limits (whether the business is located in the City limits or not) obtain a business registration
from the City.
All locations within the City limits will be covered by one business registration provided the application lists each location, business name and Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number.
Exceptions to the business registration requirement include: events such as yard sales, garage sales, lemonade stands, car washes, fundraisers and other such events held on private property; churches.
The Business Registration application must be completed and submitted to:
Colville Treasurer’s Office
170 South Oak
Colville, WA 99114
The business registration fee covers the period from June 1 through May 31. Notices for business registration renewals are sent out mid-May and are due June 1.
Business Registration Fees
A change in ownership of a business requires that the new owner apply for a new registration.
- New Registration - $10.00
- Renewal - $5.00
- Penalty - $5.00/month until paid in full
The City of Colville requires that anyone peddling wares or services within the city limits obtain a peddler’s permit.
Peddler’s Permit Fee $20.00
- The Peddler’s permit fee covers a pre-determined period, not to exceed December 31 st of any year, which will be reflected on the permit. (Door-to-door peddlers must name an end date at the time of purchase.)
- The Peddler’s permit must list all locations that the peddler will be selling wares or services.
- A location not already reflected on the Peddler’s permit will require the purchase of an additional Peddler’s permit.
- Peddlers are not allowed to sell on public property without first applying for and obtaining a Special Use Permit through the City of Colville Building and Planning Department located at 170 South Oak, Colville, WA 99114.
Any peddler who fails to obtain a permit before commencing business, or is found selling wares on public property, may be subject to penalties as detailed in the Colville Municipal Code 5.04.060 Violation-Penalty.